Some useful contacts
St Martin's (Professor Shaw) Community Centre
- Address: Professor Shaw Community Centre, La Rue Maze, St Martin's, GY4 6LL Tel. (01481) 231196 For an accessibility guide to the centre please follow this link
Health Visitor and School nurses
- The Health Visiting Service is a universal service offered to all families with pre-school children. Follow the link more more information. Health Visitors
- School nurses work across education and health to improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people 4-18 years. Follow the link for more information. School nurses.
- Both services are based at Lukis House, The Grange, St Peter Port, GY1 2QG Tel. 725241.
- Carers Guernsey wants a society that respects, values and supports carers: where we can all care for loved ones without putting our own lives on hold and where no-one has to care alone
- For more information follow the link to Carers Guernsey or call 01481 266331
- Health Connections provide information about services and support groups. Tel (01481) 707470 or follow the link to health connections
Charity support contacts
Activities and Clubs
Princess Elizabeth Hospital
Medical Specialist Group
- Address: The Medical Specialist Group, PO Box 113, Alexandra House, Les Frieteaux, St Martin's, Guernsey, GY1 3EX Tel: (01481) 238565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.msg.gg
- Follow this link for contact details of chemists
St John Guernsey (Ambulance)
- Please follow the link to contact St John. In an emergency dial 999 or 112
- Tel: (01481) 725111 (non-emergency)
- Tel: 999 or 112 (emergency)
- Text: 07839 102601 (deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.guernsey.police.uk/
- For information on accessibility follow the link Police
Fire and Rescue
- In addition to its emergency role, the Guernsey Fire & Rescue Service helps householders who have suffered flood or storm damage, and offers advice and education on fire safety.
- Tel. (01481) 724491
- In an emergency dial 999 or 112
States Disability Champion
- Deputy Sarah Hansmann Rouxel is the States Disability Champion. You can contact her if you need help resolving an issue with the States (relating to your disability). You can also contact her to represent the views of disabled islanders and carers in the States debates.
- Email: Sarah.HansmannRouxel@deputies.gov.gg or Tel 07911 765863
Guernsey Disability Alliance
- Their mission is equality of opportunity for disabled islanders and carers in Guernsey. They want to change how Guernsey thinks about disability. Guernsey Disability Alliance works in partnership with the States to help make policy changes that will improve the lives of disabled islanders and their carers.
- GDA membership is a free-to-join organisation and is open to:
- individual disabled people
- their family members and friends
- voluntary organisations that support disabled people
- You can find more information on their website, Facebook and Twitter pages
Guernsey Citizens Advice